Aussie Awareness Day, Part 1.

Disclaimer: Before you think I'd break out into random Aussie jargon, I'm here to tell you that no, I will be writing in the basic Malaysian English that I've been taught... please continue reading.

I heart Australia. Most people who know me know that. But they might not know that one thing I really love about Australia is the fact that there's an entire community of bands and musicians who write, sing and play really amazing tunes! These same people tirelessly and relentlessly tour their beloved country, forming really unique friendships with one another, and some have even become recognized in the US and UK. Most of all I love their unique flavour and sound, not to mention the Aussie accent showing up every now and again in their vocals.

So starting today, my friends, is Part 1 of Aussie-music Awareness Day! ENJOY! xoxo

First up:
One of my favourite Aussie bands ever. Hailing from Melbourne, they have since said their farewells but their music lives on. Former lead singer (Andrew Kitchen) is currently flying solo. Check out his music too.

Second:
Another favourite. Hailing from the Central Coast, NSW (love that place!) this band has been quiet for a while. However, if you're in Sydney this October, you can catch them at this years Black Stump Music Festival.


Thirdly,
I've never seen them play but I have heard a lot about them. Hailing from the best part of Australia, Sydney!! (okay, actually they're from Blue Mountains) with a really refreshing acoustic feel. Soon to say their farewells, will be playing their final shows on their current tour and will also feature at this years Black Stump Music Festival.

Three for today and more to come in the days that follow.... till next time, Aussie! Aussie! Aussie!, Oi! Oi! Oi!

xx

0 comments:

Post a Comment